Monday 11 November 2013

Interviews- Behind the scenes of The Conjuring

This post is about researching how the actors are presented on set and off set, which would choose further characters to be in my film and would help me see how much work and effort is needed to create a chilling and frightening opening two minutes of my film.

From the beginning it shows that many takes had to be taken for the director to be happy with the shot and for the shot to be presented how the director wanted it to be seen as by the target audience. This tells me that many retakes of shot may occur so that the perfect shot can be caught, which would make the opening two minutes of my film as effective as I can make it. These retakes also allows the editing process, where the film is put together, have a lot of freedom, as they have a range of shots of the same one to choose so they can present the best scene possible. These retakes shows how professional the actors have to be as it is take after take, which suggests that for my film I should have people who would take it seriously and to be right for the character they will have to play.

This video from behind the scene of the film, 'The Conjuring', shows the differences between when actors are on set and off set. When they are on set, you can see how much passion and concentration they have in relationship to their character they are presenting. This shows that the characters in my film should suit who they are playing and that I should ensure that they can make their character as realistic as possible, including them reacting to stimulus in a normal stereotypically way. However, when the actors are off stage, behind the scene shows how they act around one another, as being all friendly and how they work well together. This suggests to me that I should have people who work well together, not only in front of a camera but also off set, as this would make them feel comfortable when a camera is facing them.

The video also shows various effects they have used, such as the ropes being attached to the girls hair, which when edited, will suggest to the audience a paranormal demon is pulling at the girls hair. This shows how simple or complex the effects can be. This helps me with planning my film as I can use some of the techniques they use for effects in my film, as the genre of this film is also a horror, which is perfect! It also tells me that the effects can be fairly simple but very effective when edited and on screen.

Finally the video also gives me an insight of how many camera are needed for one shot, as this allows them to have different angles and shots of the same scene, which would reduce the errors of film mistake occurring in the scene. This also allows the editing process to juxtaposition shots, which can affect the audience in different ways due to the range of shots taken. This is very important as this can show camera techniques such as match on action, which will presented in my film. I will be sure to film a same scene from different angles and shot, so I can make my opening scene fluent and can involve techniques such as match on action.

No comments:

Post a Comment