Sunday 10 November 2013

Actors interviews- Insidious

I have decided to add this to my research for my film, which I will produce. I thought this would give a good idea what I could include in my film as, Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne, know what it is like featuring in a horror and to be involved with the effects, which are added to the film to ensure the scare factor is present in the film.

As they say to begin with, they felt as though it was easier when scenes did not involve added effects. This is because they could make it as realistic as they want due to not worrying about messing up the effects which needed to be added later in the editing stages. They also feel as it is easier to react to, even though the effects are seen, for example 'fishing line' as when something is being pulled across the room.

They also say that they are 'trying to bring back the traditional horror', which doesn't involve all the blood-vest and gore. Due to the box offices hitting a phenomenal $41 million dollars in the first weekend, shows that audience definitely love the old school kind of horrors, when demons and less gore are involved. From this, I feel as though elements of my opening scene of my film, should involve elements or even based on these kind of old school horrors, which include less gore and  just focus on scaring and making the audience jump.

Furthermore, continuing watching the interview, the relationship between character displayed on character is very important as it has to be as realistic for the audience so it makes the whole atmosphere more normal and realistic. This is why the people I will be using in my film will be very familiar with each other so they would be comfortable in what ever situation they are in for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment